Re: Re: Gene Simmons Offer.

So I'm not going to deny for a moment that I didn't have all of the Kiss
 albums up to Destroyer. And they got a hell of a lot of play, BUT, I
would think that for the most part, the main reason they have
accomplished what they have, and had the longevity that they have,  is due to
 marketing and showmanship. While the songs are catchy and some are
really great Party songs, you have to admit Maria, that they are no
where near the serious type of musicians that are say, Zep, Floyd, Tull,
 Yes, ELP, Allman BB, phish, and a bunch of others.
I was not
cutting on what they did, I was just saying it is a totally different
ballgame. 1 Fact overall says what my point is. They took the masks off, and
now, they are back on... I wonder why that is?

And if you were listening to Kiss in the 5th grade, it wasn't only Paul
Stanleys chest that grabbed a what, 10 year old girl?, it was the way that
chest was marketed toward you and young adults and adolescents, that is who
they went after, and they got em!
So while I was totally engrossed in the whole Kiss Army deal for awhile, when I
try to get through some of their stuff now, I usually wind up changing it after
a song or two, it is very simplistic music, and I find it a bit childish at
times. When I found Zeppelin and the Stones and Sabbath, well, Kiss gradually
faded away into the sunset.

I guess the artists that are the most serious are the ones that let the music
do the talking. Zep let the music talk, ever notice how a lot of bands let the
album be released and then tour to support it? Listen to the Plantations, this
album will be out in a week, or a few months, or whatever. They played the
music live before it was on a the record, Nobody took bathroom breaks because
Zep played an unknown song!

I think one of my favorite things about Kiss was that they really bothered my
mother and father!

Christopher Leone
Mobile Signing Solutions, Corp.
http://www.mobilesigningsolutions.com