Re: I think Robert's win is...

"a nod" is not equal to "rip-off"

Your other questions are separate.  If you're just asking if the
Grammy award for Most High was given to Jimmy Page and Robert Plant by
the academy as a kind of "make-up" for the years of not recognizing
Led Zeppelin, I'm sure a case could be made in support of it.  I don't
want to take sides between Page/Plant and Pearl Jam since PJ is my
second-favorite band behind Zep... but yeah, Do The Evolution is
certainly a kick-ass song.  Does it beat Most High?  Hell, I don't
know - I like both tracks.  Completely subjective, and yes - in the
eye of the beholder.