Re: Big Log in the Big Easy

Finally! I'm so glad to see Percy stop ignoring the music from that phase of his career.

On 7/19/2013 5:42 PM, James Bonal wrote:
That's exciting news because it's another of my favorite Plant pieces.  Skin's
been doing some great acoustic work on BIGLY during this tour, so perhaps he'll
even make a go at the acoustic solo in Moonlight.  I've always found that solo
(on the album version) to be very moving and the live airings of Moonlight
(primarily during the '83-'84 tour) didn't quite capture the vibe of the tune
because the solo was done on the electric guitar.
Cool ... now I'm in the mood (no pun intended) to toss on PaE and PoM to wind down this hot summer day.
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:24:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Big Log in the Big Easy
From: wyattbrake@xxxxxxxxx
To: bonal71@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: zeppelin@xxxxxxxx

According to an R-O report, Moonlight in Samoa was soundchecked last week
before a gig. That would really be something of a rarity!
On Jul 19, 2013 4:14 PM, "James Bonal" <bonal71@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks to TBL's Facebook page, I just discovered that the SSS played one
of my favorite Plant solo tunes last night.  I think this is the first go
for "Big Log" with the SSS, but I hope it isn't the last.  Not bad for an
initial try, and, if you watch closely at the end, Plant really seems to be
pleased (or maybe relieved) that they pulled this one off.

I can think of several other Plant solo tunes that I'd love to hear out of
the SSS, and based on the last leg of the BOJ tour a couple of years ago (a
one-off of "All of My Love," as an example), there may well be a few more
surprises in the set lists as the US tour winds down over the next week or
so.

(Note - the link is correct but the poster misidentified the song as "The
Enchanter").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yro8jidS1Ys