Re: Off topic: Turntables

The Rega is a good choice for a turntable. I'd stay away from Pro-Ject turntables (one of Rega's main rivals) as I've been the unfortunate owner of two of them and the motor noise is really annoying.

I'd disagree about the Bias2 as a cartridge choice. I recently heard some samples posted on a forum by a guy comparing the Bias2 to a Nagoaka MP-200 cartridge and there was no comparison. The Bias2 had issues with edgy high frequency transient tracking. Go for a Nagoaka if you like smooth, analog-like sound or an Audio-Technica cartridge if you prefer a brighter presentation.

You might check samples of needledrops (digital recordings of LPs) in the Post Your Needledrops thread at the stevehoffman.tv forum:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/post-your-needledrops-part-six.322453/