Re: LZ Letterman Appearance - Steve Sauer Report

Totally agreed on Stewart.  He's the only late-night guy who actually
reads the books of the guests.  I think Colbert has jokingly mocked
him for actually reading all those books.  Colbert gets off easy
because his entire character is based on arrogant ignorance.

Jones was definitely uncomfortable in that position, but once there,
handled himself with remarkable aplomb.  He was great, and I think
both Page and Plant enjoyed letting Jonesy take the lead on some of
those replies.  Plant even said something to that effect.

Regarding the applause, the limited experience I've had with being in
a live television audience tells me that there's always a producer or
someone waving their arms and getting people to cheer and applaud at
various points.