Re: Karma and the Grammys??

Nech says:
"It's called respect bud!"

And that's what I appreciate!!

Now that I've done my share of saying maybe a little bit Karma went around. In
a nutshell, today we seem to be living in an era of greed where decisions
seemed to based on money and not content or quality. Plant did what he wanted
to do as an artist and did not choose the past of the most revenue.

The other side of the coin is the fact that Plant won so many awards.

Let's look at the award of Please Read The Letter.

It came from Walking into Clarksdale. A lot of us had mixed feelings on the
album. There are probably a lot of Led zeppelin fans (not on this list) who
don't even know it exists.

Remember in 98 during the tour, how busy the beer stands and lineups for the
toilets got when a song from WIC was played.

If a stale fart from a 10 year old album can get redone and win a Grammy Award,
what does that say about the music industry's ability to develop and create new
new music?

Maybe Plant won those awards because he didn't have too much competition.

Take care
Grant