Re: Management III?

No Hole Sam...

Actually sounds like the answer to your question in right in front of you ...

Management III in 1965, and from a quite modest beginning
(two partners, three clients, a small backing), became a leading
concert promoter

A promoter is a person, company or organization which takes the full responsibility of presenting a live music event, festival or club night. The duties consist of renting the venue, paying for advertising, promotions, performers and their hotel & travel expenses, technicians, and other financial obligations.

And from How to become a Concert Promoter -The Complete Guide comes this golden nugget...

          Dear Potential Concert Promoter,

Let's be honest. Working in the concert promotion business does not require any educational background nor experience.

So yes, I too can become the next Live Nation!!! woohoo I failed as a rock star so Nech's Noises Inc will go promo!! Not to be confused with porno...

zepplinite@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

While reading through a fairly interesting interview with one of
Elvis's drummers, I came across this...

"...I do know for a fact that there was a group of management called
Management III, and they had Three Dog Night, Led Zeppelin and others,
and they were also working with Elvis."

So I followed the hyperlink for Management III and found this
explination at the beginning of a Jerry Weintraub interview in a small
bio of his...

"He formed Management III in 1965, and from a quite modest beginning
(two partners, three clients, a small backing), became a leading
concert promoter. With the founding of Concerts West, he was to handle
such clients as Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin,
and the Beach Boys."

Now I get to sound moronic and say "uhhh I thought Zep was always
managed by Peter Grant". I've not ever heard of "Management III" and
definately not in relation to Zep. Do I just have a big hole in my Zep
knowledge?

Rev. Sam
zepplinite@xxxxxxxxx