Re: On Robert....

I suspected this when you suggested recently that the J's project might be off the rails. It's indeed unfortunate if so. Although Plant is in some ways irreplaceable as a vocalist, I was hoping the spirit of JPJ's autumn 2008 remarks would carry them through (the no point in finding a Plant clone remark).

I still blame the press situation at least partly. Their turning the J's into "Led Zeppelin replacing Plant" painted the J's into a corner so that no matter what they do now together, it will be seen by many as a de-facto attempt to Led Zeppelin without Plant, as if they're tryingto cash in, when in fact, all they want to do is make music together. This is why, as I wrote yesterday, the only way out of this is either for Plant to relent and in fact work with them or else come out with a strong, CLEAR statement supporting their moving on with another vocalist. Percy, now is not the time for clever remarks. If you really are friends with Jimmy and Uncle Robert to Jason (who knows where you're at with JPJ), SAY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL! Drop the aging hippie shaman routine and help them out if you can't sing with them.

To repeat what I wrote a couple of days ago, Coverdale's comment about it being a heartbreaker if Jimmy isn't allowed to continue Led Zeppelin is very true. It really is a damned shame!

Nech wrote:
Sad to say, but it IMO, is not Plant who seems to have a problem with moving
on , or with the J's moving on...it is the J's, or knife in my heart, one in
particular that's really stuck on Plant. : (

Nech