Re: Once again...Plant says no...

No Eddie, my obsession isn't with bashing Plant. Like many people on FBO, I have a strong obsession with LED ZEPPELIN. That's why most of us are here. There's nothing wrong with appreciating Plant's solo efforts and collaborations; believe it or not, I've done that a lot here over the years. Nevertheless, this is a Led Zeppelin list, NOT a Robert Plant appreciation list. Yes, he was the singer for Led Zeppelin, but that doesn't mean we have to choose him over Led Zeppelin or denigrate Jason, John and Jimmy by clinging to some myth of Robert Plant as "Mr. Innovator Ever Onward" and the J's as stuck in the past. Judging by the private emails I continue to get from a variety of FBO lurkers and posters congratulating me on saying what they've been thinking as well, I'd say I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Perhaps they're not as vocal as I am because they don't want to deal with being accused of bashing Plant every time they express their opinion. You and a few others either here or on the Hoffman forum (which is the only other discussion forum where I'm really active) seem to have appointed yourselves the arbiters of all things cool and correct. You've elevated Robert Plant to virtual sainthood for digging out a couple of old forgotten Gene Clark songs and supposedly refusing to "kneel before the fatted cow" by agreeing to a Led Zeppelin tour (when in fact, he's the one member of Led Zeppelin with a history of selling himself out to commercial interests, or is drinking a Diet Coke while driving a Cadillac on the way to J.C. Penney's uber cool now too?). Those of us who feel he's shafted Jason, John and Jimmy for his own gain are perhaps uncool to you, but we have every bit as much a right to our opinion as you and to express it without the incessant whining about being Plant bashers. You paint us as obsessives who just "can't let it go" and you know what, WE ARE! We are obsessive about Led Zeppelin and we can't let Led Zeppelin go. Guilty as charged. I'M FUCKING PROUD TO BE A LED ZEPPELIN FAN. Deal with it but stop whining!

Eddie Lombardi wrote:
You did this last time I made a post about the constant BS against Plant on this list. I think it was I cheeky remark I made about how well some people are handling the situation (i.e. no tour) and how badly some people were that got you all upset.
This time you out did yourself what with all the name calling.

Yes I am a Plant apologist.  Geez.  Not the first time you accused me and
everyone else who might disagree with your views about Plant of being one of
those.  Give it up ok. It's boring.  You are boring.

Yes all of a sudden I think you are all distasteful. Yup right. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. You are very good at that it seems!
Yup EVERYONE who likes Plant and is part of manicnirvana.com must be menopausal
ex-groupies.  I suppose writing that isn't offensive is it Steve?  Oh no
because it some out of your mouth clearly it can't be offensive.

Yes we should all now leave FBO because we do not agree with Steve The Almight King of
FBO and his subjects(who ever they maybe).  I qoute from the King below "If you
really find us on FBO to be as distasteful as you claim, why not go join the bunch of
menopausal ex-groupies groaning over Plant on manicnirvana.com and leave us in
peace." [Of course no one called the King distasteful and hence no claim was made
but that isn't the point anymore because well the King can do and say what ever he wants.
 You know why? Becasue he is the King silly!!]

Steve if there ever was a case of calling someone menopausal right now it would be you! Actually there would be a case of calling you menopausal after everyone one of your "How much I hate Plant today" post on FBO.
No one and I mean no one can post one nice post about Plant without you having a big ol'
freak out and posting some sort of "I hate Plant"  type of email.  E.g. I
wasn't even replying to one of your posts and you felt the need to post!!!!  Even on
other lists you pull the same I hate Plant crap.

I find it funny that you can accuse me of being offensive when its you that has clearly lost the plot and started using childish name calling and accusations.
Steve, you have a serious obsession and I hope you find the help you need.
Until then go fuck yourself.

Happy Holidays!

Eddie