Fw: The CD Format and the Possibly Dark Future of the Music Industry

I remember reading about 5 or 6 years ago that the next format that music will be released on would be some kind of card type thing. They went on saying that CD's were almost extinct as soon as they were invented. They used the same concept that lp's used meaning a disc that spins round and round and the music being read off the spinning disc. This "new" technology that they claimed was in the works was a card similar to the credit card shape but a little thicker which there were no moving parts or things spinning around and it would just read this card and play whatever was programmed into it. Well I never saw this come to be but one could say it did too in the form of thumb drives or whatever you call those things that plug into a USB port. I just wonder why MP3 won the love and respect of most when it is well known how crappy it is! Why not have FLAC players instead of MP3 players? Yes I know FLAC's are larger than MP3's are but with hard drive storage space getting bigger and bigger and smaller and smaller in size, I see no reason why this is a problem any longer. I will be one of the first in line to buy one if they would make a FLAC player. I could dump all my shows right into it and be set for months at a time in my truck with new music at my fingertips. But it probably will never happen.. Its like the VHS tape won over BETA. even though BETA was better. Dan