Re: James Gang Influenced By the Godhead of Jimmy Page

> Walsh has a long Page-related history, doesn't he?

I'm not the biggest Joe Walsh expert, but it's obvious that he borrowed
riffs from Friends for All Night Long and from The Rover for Life's Been
Good.

However, Joe is no mere Jimmy clone.  He also lifted Woman From Tokyo for
Meadows.

Don't take this as a slam.  I like Joe Walsh.  Jimmy (along with Ritchie and
just about every rock guitarist) also did his share of nicking other
people's music and claiming credit himself.  The key is how you incorporate
your influences with your own creativity to produce an original result.  Joe
slightly modifies the stolen licks and integrates them into a much larger
whole.

Mark