Re:Subject: Theory of Musical Relativity, Zep, Hendrix, Beatles

Not really what you posted about but I agree with you about the US going
cold on british music from the late 70's. I think its more due to the way
the US and UK music scenes evolve. In the US for the most part (with a few
exseptions like grunge) you get a slow change from one musical style to
another, where as in the UK you get a very sudden shift from one style to
another. I think this is mainly because most of the movemnts that come to
the fore In the UK orginaly start on a smaller scale in the US (blues
rock,pshyidelia,punk,dance,indie). I spose you always get that happening
because rock is more a part of basic culture in the US so pople are less
inclined to suddenly exsept a different type of music. I dont think you
could have ever had people like led zep or pink floyd in the US making such
a massive jump forward musicaly because of this.