EAC problem question NZC

HI,

I was hoping someone could help with a problem I'm having.  I
recently
downloaded a copy of EAC and tried to use it.  It started copying a
track
but froze about 13 sec into it.  I tried to end task and as usually
happens
the whole computer crashed. Anyway, when I tried to run it again i
got a
message that read something like ASPI failed.  Then I tried to see if
the CD
rom still worked and i got a message saying no cd player.  Now
there's cd
stuck in the cd-rom and I can't get it out.

Anyway, does anyone know what went wrong  I figure it obviuosly has
something to do with ASPI and that I probably have to reinstall the
driver
for the cd-rom.   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eddie