Great mistake Glyn...

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/07/30/i-found-it-by-mistake-how-glyn-johns-helped-showcase-led-zeppelins-huge-drum-sound/

Glyn Johns, who engineered Led Zeppelinâ??s 1969 self-titled debut, basically
stumbled upon a new way of recording drummer John Bonham â?? creating the
dynamic stereo cadences that drive tracks like â??Communication Breakdown.â??
Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page produced the album, but it was a microphone
switch by Johns â?? famous for his work, too, with the Rolling Stones, the
Beatles and the Who â?? that changed everything: In setting up multiple mics
for Bonham, Johns accidentally had one of them directed to one side of the
stereo mix. The rest of his performance was emanating from the middle.
â??Half of the drums were coming out of the left, by mistake,â?? Johns says in
this Q&A. â??And I thought: I wonder what it would sound like if I took the one
in the middle, and put it on the other side. And there is was â?? the beginning
of stereo drums.â??