Re: Page Jewelry

Flawless inlays have been the norm for a long, long time. Zuni jewelers have been doing it for nearly a century, and inlay techniques have been used in China, Arabic countries and India for centuries. No reason for there *not* to be flawless inlay cuts on something Mr. Page ordered.

That said, looking at the pendent closely, I'm not sure that's actually inlay. I'm wondering if maybe it is actually a form of cloissone (another technique that has been around for centuries). Reason is because inlay is kind of like stained glass - individual colors can't just "float" in a background because glass is too brittle to just cut a design into it, particularly pointy edges like in the pendent. Turquoise is pretty darned brittle, even when stabilized. So not likely inlay but maybe the JP design was routed into a piece of stabilized turquoise, then the resulting "gutter" filled with maybe ground lapis (or some other stone) in resin.

I'm no jeweler but it seems like someone more into it would be able to identify the technique. Personally, I'd want better authentication than that letter - either something from Mr. Page or from the jeweler. Anyway, not challenging your calling BS on it, but questioning that it really is inlay.