London Calling - The making of the Olympic handover ceremony

21:00 Wednesday (4th March 2009) on BBC2 TV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j3ls8

Documentary follows the exploits of the Ceremonies Team as they
prepare to mount the eight-minute show to mark the official handover
of responsibility for the Olympic Games from Beijing to London:

Philip Sheppard: "The show had to culminate in a well-known song, so,
together with co-producer Steve Robson, I recorded Jimmy Page and
Leona Lewis performing Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin together with
(the brilliant bass player) Guy Pratt and Geoff Dugmore (the most
civilised, yet powerful drummer you’ll ever find) ....

.... For me there were several moments that still seem a little unreal -

Firstly, being in Air studios with the LSO and Jimmy Page;"

http://radiomovies.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/this-is-london/

Meg