RE: The CD Format and the Possibly Dark Future of the Music Industry

The next format is already here.  It's called The Download.
Soundquality is no longer an issue for the majority of the people out there.
For the most part people do not care much about sound quality.  If they
did MP3s wouldn't be so popular.

Why buy a mini card when you can just d/l the songs and put it onto your device
right away.  No need for physical storage at all.  You can already by
songs via your mobile phone wirelessly.

I think the CD is the last realy storage medium for music.  I don't see people
moving to another storage medium other than mp3 players and hard drives.

I think we'll see a fragmented market in the future some cds sales some
download sales some mini flash cards etc.