John Paul Jones

Sam wrote,

>I came within three feet of JPJ when he snuck out the back door last time he
played in Portland

Same thing happened to me at the Park West in Chicago.
I was standing there with a silver paint pen and the "Copenhagen Warmups" LP,
hoping for a sig.  First the roadie with all the Chicago pizza (best!)
sprinted past us and then the band.  They bolted like jackrabbits through a
little door leading backstage, never to be seen again.  Not a lime light kind
of guy, I suppose.

Brian