Re: inspirational lyrics from zeppelin

Hi ,

I stand corrected - Of course it was written earlier -
but -  Plant has definately put down a pack of twenty
capstans before singing this.

Listen to the "if we could just join hands"  Don't get
me wrong I LOOOOove this track and Plant's voice sends
tingles down my spine but it is a gravelly sound.

Regards
Andy

- --- Perry Justus <pjustus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 01:07 PM 7/17/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >My favourite lyric - particularly when sung by that
> >gravelly voice from 74.
> >
> >Regards
> >Andy
> >

> Gravelly voice from '74?! It was recorded in
> 1971/72, IIRC. How can you
> call it gravelly when next to "Custard Pie" and "In
> My Time of Dying"? I'd
> say it's one of the smoothest vocal tracks on the
> album, tho I have no idea
> why it was sung in a lower pitch than the outtakes.
>
> I will agree, though --- those lyrics are some of
> Zeppelin's finest ever.
>
> Perry
>
> (go buy up every moe. album you find. www.moe.org)

=====