Re: Box Set of Remasters

> On Jan 28, 2014, at 3:40 AM, "zeppelin-digest"
> <admins-zeppelin-digest@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> the tapes used were Jimmy's original mixdown
> tapes, which have never been used for mastering before

Ok, so that's version is done, what else is there to remaster? Besides,
original mastering on some of the catalogue is already phenomenal, listen to
LZIII on vinyl with a good pr of headphones. That album in particular nearly
sounds like a live studio mix. And I must have gotten lucky having a "hot
stamper" with my BL mastering copy of HOTH, holy crap that was good. Why redo
what they nailed?

If anything should get a new release it should be some LIVE stuff made
official. Do a matrix with Jimmy's board tapes and the best in-the-seat boot
for that show for atmos. That press date is my birthday and hearing THAT kinda
news would be a real gift.

Cheers,
Steve