RE: "In the Evening" on True Blood?!?

I think they're now allowing their music to be licensed in this way.  When I
lived in the UK I heard "Kashmir" being used often, both the original and what
sounded like a cover (instrumental).

On one of those stations that plays a lot of those Storage Wars type shows uses
some music for transitions between shows that sounds pretty much like Zepp's
"Nobody's Fault But Mine".

You do have to still get permission from whoever owns the publishing and
sometimes they'll let you use the original and sometimes they'll say no to the
original but you can use a cover version.