Re: Sad news...

Very sad news indeed! RIP JR!

For all of the long timers on here, it is with heavy heart that I pass on the news that long time FBO-er and DG-er, and all around funny guy, JR Sroufe, has gone over to play drums with Bonzo. Other than knowing he had been ailing for years, I was not aware just how dire his situation was. Apparently he was enjoying life to his fullest posting pics of his fishing prowess just up till this past weekend.

I guess now I'll never find out just how the hell you got my number to work and then proceeded to call and berate me telling me you'd punch me so hard you'd knock a lung out cause your cell service was so bad. You totally had me. I bet there are others on here that can tell stories of JR's highjinks at Zepfests past.

I shall also never forget you being one of the first people to burn me a bunch of shows to get my CDr collection going. And the choice of show was nothing short of classic. Smoking Pig's Burn Like a Candle. And him telling me "I'm doing it a 1X because it's THAT important of a show for you to have." A decade later Jimmy thought so too and gave us HTWWW. I still prefer Burn Like a Candle, and tonight shall go seek out that original cdr and have a Ballantine just for you.

RIP my friend. You will be missed.