[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: what the ??

I asked my brother in law, and he said the following:
It's a high frequency horn. Usually used in pa's and by stereo/audiophiles. The guitar doesn't really need one because guitar speakers do a good job reproducing the high frequencies and tone of a guitar. The only guitar player I know who used a horn in his amp set-up was John Cipolina from quicksilver messenger service. Surprisingly, bass guitar amps use horns more than guitars because the bass speakers don't reproduce treble overtones to well. Guitar amps have no trouble producing ear splitting treble tones!

At 12:36 PM 7/11/2013, Nech wrote:
OK, saw this new JP Yardbirds photo pop up today and am wondering just what the hell is that horn thingy?


Lif C. Strand
Technical Writing
Non-technical Writing, too
The Thrivalist book series