From: admins-zeppelin@xxxxxxxx [mailto:admins-zeppelin@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of James Bonal
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:26 PM
To: zeppelin@xxxxxxxx
Subject: The Big Voice is really warming up now

I've been very closely following Plant's solo career for a very long time.
Since the dawn of the Strange Sensation in or around 2000, he's tended to
follow the same pattern with his tours, which is to say that he starts off
using a rather restrained approach, emphasizing the subtleties of his
singing voice as opposed to the power of his more famous voice.  As the tour
progresses, whether because he's warmed into it or because he just wants to
let loose, "that" voice (he referred to it recently as his "Big Voice")
starts to become more and more prominent, and by the last leg(s), he really
lets things fly.

For an example of what I'm saying, check out any early Band of Joy show on
YouTube and then compare it to a show from the last couple of months of the
BOJ tour.  Totally different experiences.

Well, I've been casually following YouTube clips of the SSS performances
since last year and I can see the same thing happening now.  I just looked
at a couple of tunes from a few days ago (somewhere in an outdoor venue in
Oregon) and he's using the Big Voice a lot more now than he did even in
South America or Oz/NZ.

I'd expect it to continue, so those of you who are within a reasonable
proximity of one of the remaining shows during July, I think you're in for a
treat ... especially if your only exposure to the SSS was last year's UK
shows or even those from earlier this year.

I, personally, am "dead chuffed," as Bonzo would say, to be hitting the
Brooklyn show (last in the US) at the end of the month.