Re: Led Zeppelin Mastered for iTunes - a step in the right direction!

Do you know if we are getting the new mastering if we are re-downloading the
albums from iTunes in the Cloud / iTunes Match ?

________________________________
 From: "stevethomson@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <stevethomson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: FBO <zeppelin@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:57:38 PM
Subject: Led Zeppelin Mastered for iTunes - a step in the right direction!

So the LZ Mastered for iTunes releases arrived yesterday on iTunes and I've
checked a couple of albums out LZII and HOTH (if you're looking for them,
they're now the only versions of the LZ studio albums on iTunes. These seem to
be the real deal. They're not just more rehashed Marino remasters, but
seemingly new transfers. The differences are subtle on tracks, but the more I
listen, the more I appreciate them. The biggest winner of all is JPJ's bass,
which has a nice new definition to it without being boomy. All instruments and
sounds seem to have more space around them and ambience in the background seems
clearer, stronger and more natural. I didn't buy Presence yet, but the preview
on iTunes sounds really rich. The acoustic guitar on Thank You really seems to
ring out and bonzo's cymbal work seems clearer with more natural overtones,
plus the drums seem punchier. Of course the guitars and vocals come through
well too, Best of all, they're not all
 heavily compressed and bri!
ckwalled to sound like the latest Coldplay album! Thank you, Jimmy!

So if these are a preview of next year's Deluxe Editions, bring 'em on!! Yes
Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! :)