Re: Warning: Do Not Waste Your Money On The Japanese Celebration Day CD

   Ok Kurt,

       Listening to the Japanese CD you are definitely correct that it is off.
Just at first listen on my home system which is a Marantz amp into, JBL 3 way
LR120's  -

which I  got from the Boys 2 Men studio, and a decent Sony CD player - I was
shocked. Even before the mastering stage, which was overly loud, compressed

and boomy - it sounds like the mix is really off. JPJ's bass is lower in volume
and has less low end than the kick drum, and every time the kick drum hits the

low end from the bass enters the sound stage. It's a very jarring effect that
is unsettling at times. Sometimes it complete buries JP's guitar.

To me the audience noise is often distracting from the performance as well. I
listened to it after hearing a couple of properly recorded and mastered tracks

 one of which was Ronnie James Dio "Voodoo" , and some Dead from "Live Without
a Net" and it made the Japanese Zep CD sound like a bad bootleg,

which is what it sounds like to me. I'll put it on some of our more high end
systems when I get a chance, my home system is pretty forgiving but I did

think I heard some digital break up or the hash of too many clips over zero, so
I will look more into that when I get a sec. I would've had some

serious questions for whomever released that CD. Cheers! PH