Re: NZC: Guest list for tonight's 121212 Concert at Madison Square Garden

Excellent pictures as usual, Jonathan!

I enjoyed McCartney's set.  As Michael said, it wasn't comprised of
the usual staples one might expect for something like this.  The song
with Grohl, Novoselic, and Smear sounded great.

I'm not sure if the Bonnaroo audience was actually a 'whiter shade of
pale' for Kanye than last night's show, but it was definitely more
hostile.  To be fair, I think a lot of the Bonnaroo crowd were
actually looking forward to seeing West and curious about what he
would do (I was not among them - I trudged off happily to my tent
after Pearl Jam's lengthy set that night), but he destroyed any good
will by making people wait for so long.

The Stones... meh.  I like "You Got Me Rocking", but I thought the
audio mix for their mini-set was atrocious - worse than any of the
other acts that I actually watched.  Not sure what happened there.  It
was incredibly bass-heavy with very little guitar.

Highlight of the night for me was unquestionably Eddie Vedder joining
Roger Waters for Comfortably Numb.  After Robert Plant, EV is my
favorite singer.