Re: Article on President's Poorly Worded Comments about L.Z. at Kennedy Center Honors

Yeah, I think the opportunity to influence opinion on this has passed.
 The ceremony and the President's words - lighthearted and humorous
though many of them may have been - have received widespread praise
here on FBO and on Royal-Orleans, and quite a bit of the praise has
come from folks who have made it known in other places that they are
no fans of Obama.

I don't think any reasonable person expects the president to have read
an essay on the greatness and virtue of Led Zeppelin - this (the State
Department Dinner) was an occasion at which each honoree gets a minute
or two generally describing their cultural impact with a joke or two
thrown in.  There were no insults, and no conspiracy theories are
required.  Enjoy the fact that they were honored, and move on.