Re: Warning: Do Not Waste Your Money On The Japanese Celebration Day CD

Hi Steve,
I don¹t¹ know if you¹ve been following FBO the last few days, or you were
only replying to my direct e-mail from this morning.   If you haven¹t been
following, then you haven¹t read my previous posts yet (see below).  The
Japanese CD version is not the same at all; it¹s horrible in comparison to
the U.S.A. CD I have, trust me.  (I also have the Blu-ray Audio disc)  It
sounds totally different.  So different in fact, that I think it might be
more than just ridiculous loudness; I think it might be mixed differently.
On my system it¹s basically unlistenable.  That¹s why I¹m so curious.   I
have one already boxed up with your name on it, so if your curious or
skeptical, just send me your address off list and I¹ll send it to you.

Since you brought it up, I¹ve long considered the SHM thing total bunk,
snake oil if you will.   There is no chance in hell the type of plastic is
going to make a CD sound better.  Just like gold CD¹s don¹t actually sound
better just because they are gold.  It may make it easier for a crappy
player to read, hence less errors, and it may last 500 years instead of 100,
but it¹s not going to make it sound better.  Now if someone came out with
some new hi-tech vinyl for LPs, that could make a difference.  But in the CD
world of "reading" 0¹s and 1¹s, no way.  Only the mix or mastering or
volumes etc could make that difference.

Celebration Day may certainly be a victim in the loudness wars, but until
you hear this Japanese CD, you aren¹t hearing the whole ugly picture.

Let me know.

Thanks ---- Kurt