Japanese Celebration Day CD

So I got my Japanese Celebration Day CD yesterday (yes Nech, I bought yet
another version) and I just got to checking it out.  I debated about opening
it, but I really wanted to be able to see how it sounds in direct comparison.
Many people talk about the superior quality of Japanese discs etc, so I figured
I'd debunk those fairy tails.  Anyway, I haven't listened to it yet, but here's
what you get physically, good and bad.

I didn't open my U.S. digipak CD (only my Deluxe Blu-ray and Blu-ray Audio) so
I can't compare apples to apples, but I "think" the packaging is mostly the
same.  Of course you get the customary Japanese side sleeve thingy on the
outside, and a Japanese information sticker on the front.   The first pressings
also came with a flat matte finish post card that is printed front & back that
measures about 5-1/2" x 7-7/8".   Inside looks about the same.   I think the
booklet is made from thicker higher quality stock, and it looks like a superior
print job.  I'll have to compare that when I get home.  It comes with 2
Japanese bonus inserts printed on 2 different white stocks.  One is some
information card, and the other is a booklet that has all the lyrics printed in
English & Japanese.

Now for the bad news.  When assembling these cases, the stupid f*ckers did it
wrong.   Instead of assembling the case, then sticking in the CD's, they put in
the CD's then assembled the case.  Here's the problem.  They went through the
effort to put the CD's in these thin plastic sleeves (which I'd guess the U.S
ones don't have), but the CD's slid down so the plastic sleeves got caught up
on the tape that they use to hold the case together.  Worse yet, it got caught
up on the open end of the plastic sleeve.  So basically, without ripping the
case or cutting the end of the plastic sleeves, there was no way to get the
CD's out!!!  How fracking stupid is that???   And on one end, it caught the
plastic sleeve so much that the case won't stay together because all the tape
is on the plastic sleeve.  Very frustrating to pay big bucks for this and have
it so poorly assembled.

So I carefully cut the sleeves and took the CD's out.   No going back in either
because of the thinness of the sleeves and how they bunch up.  What a piece of
crap.  So I'll need to store the CD's in a separate case now and just use the
other for display.  At some point in the near future (hopefully) I will do a
sound comparison with the U.S. version.  I'm 99.9% sure they will sound the
same, but you never know until you try.

I took pictures if anyone wants to see, let me know.  Perhaps Nech can post
them to the LZ site so they are out there for everyone.

Cheers ---- Kurt