RE: (OT) A toast to SRV

I was living in Indianapolis at the time, and I remember considering going to
that show, but went to see Clapton in Cincinnati a couple days prior instead.
I'd seen SRV 4 times in the year leading up to it, and figured there would be
plenty of other chances.  First time at Deer Creek in Indy in '89 ($20 per
carload to get in!) and he was deafeningly loud, then in Evansville IN a couple
weeks later, then at Hara Arena in Dayton with Jeff Beck in 11/89 (which
appeared at Dime recently, still can't bring myself to listen quite yet), and
last time at Deer Creek exactly 8 weeks before he died.   That show was
actually too low on volume, it was hard to hear him from even the 20th row.  I
remember he broke a lot of strings that night.   But what an unbelievable
performer.   For those of you who didn't spend enough on the Jimmy Page book,
there is a mega-tome on SRV available for $75 now, looks to be exhaustive.
http://www.stevieray.com/book3info.htm

Obligatory Zep content:  when he was opening for Robert Plant, did they ever
actually play together?   Any recordings of the two of them together?   That
would be something to hear, no doubt.