RE: Plant on Zeppelin (Page/Plant era)

Robert's mother had died in Sep/Oct '97, leading to a break in the studio
sessions for 'Walking Into Clarksdale', during which Robert
travelled the silk route in China from the desert to the borders of Pakistan.
When Robert opted out of their tentatively planned (never officially
announced/no tickets on sale) April '99 Japanese leg his rationale was "there
are only so many springtimes" and he began extensive travels with his
girlfriend - India, Spain, Scotland, Thailand and Cuba. At the time his stated
intention was never to tour or record again; it would be nearly a year and a
half before he performed outside the UK, nearly two years before his next
proper studio sessions, and just over three years before he performed again in
North America.