From: stevethomson@xxxxxxxxxxxx <stevethomson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Brits snub Plant!
To: "FBO" <zeppelin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 8:54 AM

Eddie, with all due respect, I agree with Wyatt's response. Your comment
about the list was unfounded. During and since the Grammies, the list was full
of positive comments about Plant (Heck, I even made some). Yet, you seem to
ignore all these and paint FBO is a constant Plant bash-a-thon! Besides, Chris
Leone's comment was a simple neutral  (and factual observation):

"He plays american music now, why would he expect any different?"

Looks pretty neutral to me. If I had more time and energy, I'd google
around a bit and find a few comments from Plant himself referring to Raising
Sand as American music. Where in this do you see a negative comment about Plant?

Plus, if it seems as if some here go out of their way to post negative comments
about Plant whenever they perhaps at least some of those comments are deserved.
To borrow that time-worn phrase Jimmy liked to use a few years back, "where
there's smoke, there's fire." You can't expect Plant to
denigrate Led Zeppelin as he does from time to time and not have a negative
reaction from some fans. When Nech expressed anger last week at Plant's
presuming to speak for the entire band, I'd say he was justified as the
dedicated Led Zeppelin fan he is. You can't expect Plant to reunite with Led
Zeppelin and do a tremendous show, after which the rest of the band clearly
expresses their willingness and desire to continue working together and then see
Plant spend nine months evading the question and at times hinting that they may
work together, only to squash the hopes of literally millions of people by
announcing he has no intention of working with Led Zeppelin. Some of those
millions are going to be pissed off. Some of those millions are going to be on
fan lists and make comments you may not like. Oceans are big and you can't
hold back the waves you don't like to surf on the waves that please you!

Of course, no one is forcing you to read the list if you find it so difficult.
If you choose to drop the list, it's unfortunate, as you do make good
contributions to FBO, but you can't expect us to be a bunch of nodding
lemmings who will say nothing but nice things. This is not a Backstreet Boys
mailing list! <insert snide remark about Plant's "boy band"
comment here> ;-) If that's the kind of environment you want, go check
out manicnirvana. It's pro-Plant thought-control central! (They even plasted
poor JPJ for daring to say that Robert doesn't want to do loud music
anymore!). Likewise, you can't expect someone like Chris not to make a
perfectly innocent comment stating an obvious fact that Plant himself has voiced
because he might anticipate that you'll misinterpret it as an attack on
Plant.

Steve.