Re: UNCUT Online JP feature...

This has been discussed multiple times on FBO.  A quick search turned
up this result, with an email supposedly from JPJ.  I believe Jones is
quoted elsewhere confirming that he was the one who booked the
session, so he would know exactly who played on the track.

http://www.coda-uk.co.uk/clem_cattini.htm

Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donovan

Funny I should be asked about "Hurdy Gurdy Man". I spoke to John Paul
Jones who played bass on it and was the MD. The guitar player was Alan
Parker. American Web sites say that John Bonham and Jimmy Page played
on it. This is absolute Bullshit as JPJ said. This is the e-mail sent
BY JPJ:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have been contacted by Clem Cattini with regard to Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man
I would like to confirm that the musicians on the record were as follows

Donovan Accoustic Guitar
John Paul Jones Arrangement/Musical Director and Bass Guitar
Alan Parker Lead (electric) Guitar
Clem Cattini Drums

No other musicians were involved in this session
The session was produced by Mickie Most and engineered by Eddie Kramer.

John Paul Jones
London 05/2005