Pre-Christmas Jam with JPJ up on Dime!

Warren Haynes' Pre-Christmas Jam
The Orange Peel
Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Dec 11, 2008

A Doodee Music Upload

The Warren Haynes' Christmas Jam, an annual benefit for Habitat For
Humanity, celebrates it's 20th year in Asheville, NC in 2008. This is an
incredible annual event that an amazing A-list of musicians devote their
time to participate in. And all proceeds go straight to the cause.

Warren stages a shorter pre-jam before the real jam at the Civic Center. Now
short is a relative term meaning different things to different individuals.
Here's Warren's definition - I removed all downtime for set changes from
this show and what's left is 5 hours and 30 minutes of music.

Here's a list of some artists on this one. They float in and out
continuously. For example, at this show John Paul Jones plays with Warren
acoustically, electric with Govt Mule and even throws down some bluegrass
with Del McCoury. Diverse....and a helluva lot of fun.
Warren Haynes
Govt Mule
John Paul Jones
Ivan Neville
Dumpstaphunk
Larry McCray Band
The Lee Boys
Del McCoury Band
Eric Krasno
Oteil Burbridge
Audley Freed
Ruthie Foster
Col. Bruce Hampton

I'm not familiar enough with all the artists to put together an accurate
setlist. I can tell you there are 41 tracks. Also some choice covers of
songs by Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Eagles and Marshall
Tucker. John Paul does get his Led Zeppelin on. Two highlights are
definitely Jonesy and Warren tackling "Going To California" as well as JPJ
and the Mule smoking "I Can't Quit You Baby".

This is an FM but it was not the cleanest reception. There are definitely
some fuzzies on here but it still has value. Hopefully, if there's a cleaner
copy out there and someone has the inclination (or absolute stupidity as I
do) to invest the time to track and post this behemoth they will do so.
Check the sample and use the democratic process.

Otherwise, here's one from Doodee Claus. Y'all enjoy.

Trade only. Support Warren Haynes and all the artists by buying their
records and merchandise and attending their shows. Also please support
Habitat For Humanity.

WNCW-FM>Edirol R09HR>WAV>FLAC

http://www.dimeadozen.org//torrents-details.php?id=226949