A question to collectors

The subject came up on another group I'm in. Is there a software developped for an online database that would allow people keeping track of various collectibles? I'm not talking about bootlegs, just stuff like ticket stubs, backstage passes etc, etc... It seems impossible that no one ever thought about something like that with all the fan groups all over the web.

I have a feeling that such a task would be impossible for one person but if it was a community thing, kind of like Flickr, or other sites to share images. But with a more powerful search engine?

Maybe it would be too big to handle I'm not sure.