Re: A thought occured to me...

I doubt very much whether Leona Lewis was Jimmy's selection.

I still think his ultimate motive is pride in being asked.  We don't
know who was asked before him... the Stones, all of Zeppelin,
Radiohead, et cetera - or how they whittled it down to one
representative from the long and storied British music history paired
with a rising star.

The not-so-ulterior motive is probably the same for Jimmy as it was
when he worked with Puffy or Fred Durst... or even when he played
onstage with abominations like Poison, and that is to bring Led
Zeppelin's music to people who may not have been exposed to it
previously, and to expand and enforce the legacy of his life's work,
which is and remains Led Zeppelin.

I don't think a one-off pairing with Leona Lewis is really comparable
to Plant/Krauss, nor do I believe it's comparable to Jimmy working
with Coverdale with the result (intended or not) of making Plant
jealous.

-Wyatt