Re: Recording Shows

I've discovered the same effect.  back in 1994 while at a YES concert in New
Haven.  The venue was nearly empty and the sound was horrible.  The band was
trying out a new quadaphonic system, with speakers in the back of the
coliseum.  The vocals were really bad and there was too much distortion.  I
wish i had brought ear plugs.   I taped it, and when i got home to listen,
the vocals were much better on the tape.  I thought how could that happen?
It sounded so shitty live, but the tape sounds better.  I've had this happen
on a few other master tapes.  Mics and ears are different.  go figure.

http://phishhook.yi.org/cgi-bin/gotolist.cgi?login=rue