re: Ramblin Down The Road

> Just how many people want to buy more live stuff? ... I know
> alot of this is becuase they are hard to buy but im sure if in offical
live
> boxset was done it would have to sell "alot" of copies to break even.

Well, I don't really know but if the live releases from DEEP PURPLE are
any indication, it is that live recordings do sell enough for the
company/band to keep on releasing them. From Mark II, apart from Made In
Japan in at least two versions, there are Scandinavian Nights and Live
in London.  From the other Marks you have the Conoisseur stuff, bootleg
series box sets (12 CDs), one with audience recordings - taken directly
from bootlegs - and one with with soundboard.

And I think we all agree, even those who like Purple: Deep Purlple
doesn't even come close to Zep.

TSRTS - I have to admit that my first bootleg lp with an audience
recording from Zep sounded to my young, unexperienced ears like a local
school band trying to play like their heroes.  Back then, I loved TSRTS,
especially side three with NQ and STH.  I don't mind that the hard rock
section has been taken from another night - on the contrary, to me back
then it was the perfect version with endless playing time guaranteed.
Later, I began to love bootlegs (both sdbd and audience) and I
appreciate both the music and the document value.  But in all honesty, I
wouldn't mind having Page wizarding to release the perfect live versions
of their classics, even if he has to assemble them from three or four
different sources.  It would not be a document, but hey, I know I
wouldn't be able to disregard it because of some editing.  Musicians are
humans and as such are bound to make mistakes - and if Jimmy wants to
correct these mistakes and assemble what he feels are his best moments,
who am I to argue, especially by him doing so I'm 300% sure he will
guarantee another endless repeat-runs on my CD player.

And if Zep and/or Atlantic want to go the way the DOORS, HENDRIX, PEARL
JAM and ELP went (releasing complete concerts through their website) or
the way of DEEP PURPLE, it will all be alright with me as long as they
finally do SOMETHING.

Just my 2cents

regards - marco