response

just a quik chime in on the below pasted comment from jeremy; every
time i've
seen pete townsend in the last seven years, he blatantly states that
the only
reason hes there playing for us is cuz hes gettin paid well.
acctually, he
usualy says it in a much more arrogant tone. i stopped going to see
him.
you'd think that he'd owe the fans at least a half hearted show if
he's
playing and they're paying. once, he played great woods and hardly
anyone
showed up; that got him pissed, so he really rocked out that night.
finally,
a good show from that old sod. maybe a case of "i'll show all those
people
who blew this show off...."
anyway, grace slick was always a miserably rude old hag, even when
she was
young; you outta hear some of her stage banter on the old tapes; real
spiteful bitch, not at all the peaceful flower child of the san fran
60's. no
wonder she doesnt tour; no one cares about her. who gives a rats ass
about
starship? maybe thats why no one complains that that old witch is not
around,
cuz she cant sing a decent song to save her life. "we built this
city"?
pah-leeze... we were given four tickets to that band for free years
ago; we
lit each ticket on fire and used the burning ticket to light a joint
(honestly; and it was years ago.....) i'm glad shes not around
anymore. now
if only shed convince townsend to go quietly away as well.
how does all this relate to zeppelin? if they are milking the fans
for our
hard earned cash, as they have done with two box sets, three greatest
hits
albums, endless re-issues, remixes and remasters of thier catalog,
then i
think it is quite honestly time to throw the dogs another meaty bone.
they
did it with the bbc sessions cd release, they can most certainly do
another
release like that. you know, keep the customers happy and all that; a
basic
rule of any buisness, even the music buisness.
just my 2 cents
by the way, Band A sux, Band B rules!
mike
In a message dated 7/26/01 4:23:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Jeremy
Mixer
<mixer@xxxxxxxx> writes:

<<
 3. Led Zeppelin do not owe us anything, what they do with their
lives and
 music is their business. Some of you are very greedy... I want MORE
MORE
 MORE. There's a lot of time and effort into everything that we do
have.
 Hell they're still playing music, shouldn't we be thankful for THAT?
They
 could be sitting back like Grace Slick saying "I think old people
look
 dumb singing rock and roll" and no one complains about that....they
 respect it. These are musicians in their mid 50's, they could very
easily
 take an early retirement and have enough money if they've been smart
with
 their finances....but they continue to perform for us, so be
thankful for
 God's sake! >>