[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Earl's Court Magick at Anniversary Daze



93

> Let's see, so it's the artistic work of Led
> Zeppelin, and you feel that it *has to* be released
> to the world? Kind of a weak argument for 
> releasing it to the masses, dontcha think?

Your missing my point. 
What I was saying was that it seems like this guy
stole what is rightfully the property of Led Zeppelin,
their music, for the sole purpose of buffing up his
own ego...showing an hour here and an hour there.

I am personally of the conviction that if you make any
money off the artsitic achievements of others you are
a leach...plain and simple....those that cannot "do"
make money off of those who can.

And it is even worse when...even if they don't make
any money off if it...for some weird reason, get off
on the idea that they have control over who can and
cannot view it.

This guy who has Earls court obviously likes the power
of being able to show this video to people...waving it
in front of our noses.

Now, the idea of bootlegging is another thing all
together I guess. 

But the fact remains that if anyone has the right to
hoard it is Jimmy Page and Jimmy Page alone...its his
music he can do what he wants with it...but this is
not "Mr. Earl's Court"'s music.

> He's not throwing anyhting at our feet.  It's Jimmy
> that keeps 
> throwing out little teases, like the Kashmir vid on
> Latter Days.

Yea, he did it at the Daze in London..oh here is an
hour....and I may have more....guess you'll just have
to come back and see .... 

Like I said...If anyone has a right to hoard it is
Jimmy... 

why???

Because it is HIS music....not yours, or mine, he
wrote it he performed it...how would you like it if
you spent hours at work, writing a program...or if I
spent a long time working on a painting...and then
someone just came and stole it...marketed it under
their name ,used your name to sell it,... and gave you
no money for your work....

thats what some bootleggers do.

Others do it to spread the music...which I do not have
that much of a problem with, as long as people are not
making money off the artist.....I have no problem with
it when the artist is cool with it.

> Hehehehe, Marines.  Yeah, like a Marine would be
> able to pull that one off.......

I was just joking :P
Yea, not even a marine can get past the watchful eye
of the London Zep fanbase....

> Hate to tell you this, but a hoarder and a
> bootlegger are two completely dfferent things.  If 
> the guy who posessed the EC tapes 
> were a bootlegger, we would have seen the entire
> tape(s) *long* 
> ago.

I am sure there are some bootleggers who are horders.
It depends...I guess you all just had a stroke of bad
luck with this one, that the EC tapes fell into the
hands of a jerk :0)

I really don't care if I ever see the tapes...I just
thought that it was that height of hypocracy for the
London crew to "respect the rights" of a horder, but
not the rights of J. Page.

> Whoa, whoa, whoa!  You say that Jimmy's rights be
> respected about his control over his material, yet  
> you sit here and *demand* that the EC tape hoarder  
> realease what he's got? I don't follow your 
> logic here.

my logic is that Jimmy wrote it, Jimmy played it,
robert sang it...its is THEIR'S not the horders'. 

Jimmy has a right to the control of his stuff....the
tape horder dosen't...he is just on some power trip.

He should either be a man and give it to the public or
give it to Jimmy and let Jimmy decide what to do with
it.

> As a matter of fact, it's Jimmy and co. that are
> keeping us from seeing the damn tapes anyway. They 
> know full well who posseses them, and have basically
> made it clear that bad things could  happen were the
> tapes to leak out.    

So, why can this guy still play it in a club in
London.

If Jimmy and Co. are the people controling the
release...or non release of the tape through this
hoarder...then I'm sorry for causing a fuss...because
like I said, Jimmy has right to do so...but from where
I sit...across the pond and out of the "zepplin
knitting circle gossip" loop...it looks like this guy
is just on a power trip with controling someone else
work.

> Again, hoarder does not equal bootlegger. 
> Bootleggers are out to 
> make a profit, a hoarder is simply keeping it to
> himself.  I almost 
> wish the guy *were* a bootlegger:-)

Yea,and bootleggers who are out to make a profit are
leaches too.....when I was into Phish, people just
traded freely...and Phish is still all about people
trading and spreading the music. Spending over $100 on
a Phish CD is unheard of.

> Does this seem strange to anyone but me?  Sam says
> we have to 
> respect Jimmy's right to control his own music, yet
> damns the 
> hoarder for not releasing the tapes.

I'm not really that upset over him not releasing the
tape...frankly I could care less...I think it is
hypocritical of the London crew to say that they need
to respect the Hoarder's rights over Jimmy's ...thats
all.

I was all about taping the damn thing at the London
gig just to give the horder a taste of his own
medicine...not because I want to see an hour of Earls
Court...because ...I really don't care that much about
seeing it. 

But I do think that Jimmy has every right to control
his music....the hoarder dosen't...and bootleggers
don't either. Unless Jimmy gives them the right to do
so...like Phish, the Dead, Dave Matthews..etc...do.

Samantha
Are your toes sore yet :)