Re: Faust's Gambit

Correct intention is the first step on the bodhisattva path  ... never let
anyone downplay good intentions ...
     Those that would say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
probably don't have them ...
Beside, I have a reliable source that ells me its paved with sulfur concrete
which has to be re-poured every decade
       ..."good intentions" just wouldn't stand up to the traffic

<<<<<<<< he would probably wind up in similar straits again before long and
meet the same fate >>>>>>>>>.
   Not likely,  it's a very rare occurrence for a drunk to choke on his
vomit to the point of death  ...
His heroin use would have probably taken off resulting in him leaving drink
by the wayside, leaving him quite safe ...

<<<<<< Bonham's death served as a 'wake-up call' for Page >>>>>>>..
        Not even a little bit ...    (is that what he told you ???)

 the 3rd point is just a mishmash of two prior points  ...

Me thinks Michael Gilson would have saved the day with his unselfish act ...

           I , of course, would have returned a decade earlier to lend my
genius to the band as a member ...(JPJ would have a much larger legend today
as a result)
   and Zep would also have a greater legend , as a live band
   Bonzo would have been saved because he would have been up to his ears in
pretty young things that I had to turn away to keep myself from exhaustion