Plant and Page Contributing to Compilation

SUN RECORDS CELEBRATION: Various artists are getting together to record a
compilation album celebrating the legendary Sun Records record label. Among
those who will be contributing to the project are Bruce Springstein, Elton
John, The Who, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, Brian May, Van Morrison and
Bonnie Rait. There will also be an accompanying film with interviews and
songs.

The first recording session for this compilation has taken place at Abbey
Road's famous No2 Studio at which three songs were recorded. The Italian
singer Zucchero recorded a Charlie Rich song called Who Will The Next Fool
Be, Brian Ferry recorded Elvis' Don't Be Cruel and Mark did a Jerry Lee Lewis
number entitled Rock 'n' Roll Ruby. The backing band on all three tracks was:

Mark Knopfler - guitars/Scotty Moore - guitars/D.J. Fontana - drums/Marcus
Cliffe - bass/Chris White - sax/Jools Holland - organ, piano.

The recording process has only just begun and so we have no information about
labels or release dates but we expect that it will be a double CD. There are
no plans for Mark to record any further material for this album. (08/05/2000)