Page/Crowes Comments

Hey,

I got the live cd and I must say I am impressed for several reasons.
First, Jimmy is playing tighter then ever.  WIAWSNB's solo is a lot
cleaner then the Page/Plant version (which makes you wonder why?).
I really liked THE LEMON SONG, NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE, and TEN YEARS
GONE.  SICK AGAIN, although not one of the best Zep tunes, was a treat.
Being a Black Crowes fan, and currently playing a couple in my band,
I would have liked to see Jimmy play more (and better) BC material.

Should Page/Crowes play stairway?  No.  I feel bad for Jimmy.  From
what I've read on here, and thank you for the interviews, it seems
like Robert is tired from touring and Jimmy, who has not played as
much, still wants to play Zeppelin.  You can tell from the BC/Page
set-list that he wants to play Zeppelin tunes that he has not done
live before.  Playing StH would not be right without Robert...Jimmy
should realize that another tour with Robert will probably happen.
Unless he shoots his mouth off.

Hopefully the Crowes/Page will show up in Toronto and add some songs.
I would like to hear ACHILLES LAST STAND (w/ 3 guitars...cool), HOTS
ON FOR NOWHERE, FOOL IN THE RAIN, and what about BLUE TRAIN?

Enjoy,

dn